- The writer is able to engage the reader and sustain connection throughout the composition.
- The writing sounds authentic and original. The writer is able to express individuality and unique perspective. In other words, the ideas are fresh and creative. The writer seems to be writing from experiences and knowledge.
- The flow of writing adds interest and is appropriate for the audience.
- The reader feels that he knows the writer; he senses the person behind the words.
- The reader can see who you are throughout the paper.
- The writing is honest and personal, causing the reader to think about and react to your ideas and point of view.
- The story makes the reader want to care about the things the writer cares about.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Assessing your students' writing, Part 4: VOICE
Posted by THE WRITING DOCTOR