- Movement from sentence to sentence and paragraph to paragraph is very smooth and controlled. Writer remembers to use meaningful transition words and phrases as he/she moves in a logical way from idea to idea.
- The organizational strategy used improves the ability to present the ideas clearly and effectively.
- An inviting introduction draws the reader in, and a satisfying conclusion leaves the reader with a sense of closure and completeness.
- Thoughtful transitions clearly show how the ideas connect. The details make sense and fit where they are placed.
- The organization flows so smoothly the reader hardly thinks about it; the choice of structure matches the purpose and audience.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Assessing your students' writing, Part 2: STORY ORGANIZATION
Posted by THE WRITING DOCTOR