- Thorough and specific development of each idea creates depth which enables the reader to truly appreciate and understand your ideas.
- The presentation of ideas is thoughtful and insightful. An unusual perspective and unique experiences of the world are used as a basis for writing and there are interesting connections between ideas. There is a willingness to take risks that enhances the quality of the content.
- Relevant, quality details give the reader important information that goes beyond the obvious or predictable to enrich the central theme or plot.
- Writer demonstrates an understanding of what is important and can easily pick out those things that are most significant while writing.
- There are no questions left that confuse the reader.
- Specific and accurate details are presented to explain and develop your main ideas.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Assessing your students' writing, Part 3: DEVELOPMENT OF IDEAS
Posted by THE WRITING DOCTOR