- The words chosen are specific and accurate. It is easy to understand just what the writer means.
- Striking words and phrases catch the reader's eye and linger in the reader's mind.
- The words and phrases are natural, effective, and appropriate for your audience.
- Lively verbs add energy while specific nouns and modifiers add depth to the story.
- The choices made in language enhance the meaning and clarify understanding.
- The writer has taken care to put just the right word or phrase in just the right spot.
- The words chosen are powerful and engaging. The writer's message is conveyed in an interesting but natural way.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Assessing your students' writing, Part 6: WORD CHOICE
Posted by THE WRITING DOCTOR